Sunday 4 May 2014

QALs and BOMs

Spoilt for Choice!!


There are so many wonderfully talented people out there, who keep making all these gorgeous quilts that I simply have to make!! If that's not enough soooooooo many of them are done as Quilt Alongs or Blocks of the Month AND they are free!! It is the perfect excuse to buy all that fabric I have seen, that I really, really need!! Here are a few that I have really caught my eye....


1. LAYER CAKE SAMPLE QUILT



First up is this little beauty courtesy of Amanda over at Material Girl Quilts the requirements are pretty much as the title suggests - Layer Cakes!! and of course fabric for backing and sashings. Each month the instructions and patterns are put up for 2 blocks with a range of alternate layout options, so you can let your creative juices flow!! i think this one is going to be a must for me!

2. BLOGGER GIRLS BOM II



Next a more traditional looking challenge set by Monique from Open Gate Quilts using mostly fat quarters and a background colour, this one comes with clear instructions and pictures to help those of you who quilt like me....nervously!


3. GLOBETROTTING


I do love a good mystery, and this one is shaping up to be just that!! Pat Sloan over on Free Quilt Patterns has put together this wonderful mystery block of the month based on various places around the world. Starting in her home town of Washington DC, stopping off in Venice, Chicago, London and finishing up who knows where??! I sure could use a round the world holiday.....


4. STAR LIGHT STAR BRIGHT



Melissa from Happy Quilting not only has this beautiful burst of starlight on offer but FIVE other quilt alongs as well!! This is my favorite of the bunch I never can turn down a shining star. All quilt patterns come with very clear step by step instructions, pictures/photos so you can see what you are aiming for and fabric requirements for a variety of block sizes.

I hope you find something here that sets your quilt soul alight, I would love to hear from you and see what has inspired you feel free to email me some photos of your achievements with a brief description and I will post it up here!!

Happy Quilting
Kerry
xx  







1 comment:

  1. Great finds! I particularly like the layer cake sample quilt and the star light, star bright. I may have to park one of numerous UFOs and start another!

    ReplyDelete