Wednesday 23 April 2014

STACKED WINDMILLS

First Bee Block Complete

This block really was a treat to make, the instructions were clear and actually very simple to follow, the longest part was actually cutting all the squares....or maybe sewing them together for the HSTs!!!






First of all the squares were cut from the 4 chosen fabrics- 9 in total and 9 squares from the background fabric, which in this case was Kona solid white. These were then sewn together in pairs and cut into quarters- 36 altogether!!





Next came alot of pressing and chain piecing....





Followed by careful placing, more sewing, more pressing, a small amount of unpicking and finally a finished block!!




This block is my first contribution to my first Quilt Bee, I can not wait to see what Katie does with all the blocks and how it looks when all of them are put together! I love this quilt bee, I am still very keen to start another one up so if you fancy it, let me know and a whole pile of loveliness could be heading your way!!

Stop over to the about me page where you can meet the lovely Kerry Q, my quilty partner in crime!!

Happy Quilting 
Kerry xx





No comments:

Post a Comment