Monday 10 March 2014

BUILDING BLOCKS

Monday Madness

With the deadline for this quilt rapidly approaching, I just couldn't sleep so I got up with the sparrows and made 2 more foundation pieced stars.



I love these! The points worked out really well, which for me is always a bonus as I struggle sometimes to get them lined up and still end up with a square!



Both these star blocks are from the Solstice Star Series over on Fresh Lemon Quilts the instructions are really clear and the step by step photos really help if you are new to foundation piecing. The PDF sheets are exactly the right size to print off and use on a home printer....fabulous!!

I have been playing around with potential layouts for purple fairy quilt...


I think I am settled on this one, there is a good balance between the stars and the fairies mixed up with the other blocks as well. Some of them need borders in order to even out the sizes but overall I am happy with it so far. If you have any suggestions or thoughts on the layout or even if you thin there is a block that it needs, I would love to hear from you! 

Kerry xx


No comments:

Post a Comment