Friday 10 July 2020

SO I DID A THING.......

I bought a Longarm machine

Often, when you least expect it, life throws you a curve ball. Something you weren't expecting happens and you don't really know what to do, this happened to me at the beginning of the year when I was forced out of a job I loved because of poor leadership and lack of support, but as the saying goes when one door closes another one opens!

I have longingly looked at longarm quilting machines for quite sometime, but they are big so where would I put it and they are expensive so it isn't a decision to make lightly. At the end of February my wonderful husband and I took a trip to view a few and try them out - I was already sold to be honest but it never hurts to carry out more research.

Then the dreaded Corona happen shortly after so things took a little longer than I had hoped but in the middle of May this happened...






She is absolutely amazing, even better than I was expecting, slightly daunting and so much to learn but equally exciting. I spent a few days practicing and was really pleased with my first attempts at free motion quilting on a longarm machine.











It wasn't long before I couldn't resist stitching out edge to edge designs using Pro-Stitcher, the results were really satisfying.










With new found confidence I loaded my first full quilt on to Maggie (that's what we've called her) and stitched out an all over clover design, I absolutely loved it and the overall result is great.




 I haven't looked back since and have quilted several more quilts - I am definitely addicted! 










I'm so excited about this adventure and where it is going to take me, if you need me you know where I'll be - in The She Shed practicing and playing with my longarm.


Happy Quilting
Kerry x

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new machine! I love mine, and especially love using the computer. Just keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kerry - you really deserve it! Enjoy practicing, and let me know when you’re accepting quilts! 😉

    ReplyDelete